- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Place four slices of toast on an ungreased baking sheet; top with tuna mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Tuna Sandwiches
"Loved the flavors in this tuna salad. It was a great change to the usual way i make it with just pickles and mayonnaise."
"The spices in the tuna mixture give it a great flavor and take the plain old tuna sandwich up a notch. I didn't use fat-free items but I can tell you that I really enjoyed the taste of these sandwiches with the regular mayonnaise and cheddar cheese. I think these sandwiches will go great with any soup too."
"ALWAYS ON PROWL for fabulous Tuna Sandwiches. This one certainly hits **spot**. Satisfyes my carb limit of two slices bread for lunch. Thank you very much for sharing recipe. J."