Herbed Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the mayonnaise and sour cream; stir into the tuna mixture.
- 2. Divide the salad greens between two plates. Top with tuna mixture and tomato wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 170 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Herbed Tuna Salad
"I don't often leave reviews on recipes, but I felt that this definitely was worth the time and trouble to log in and review. This is the best tuna salad I've ever made, and my husband is in complete agreement. I served it on toast (with lettuce and thinly-sliced tomatoes) with deviled eggs and a cheese soup, and it was a delightful light supper. I will be making this many more times."
"Very good. It made a nice change from the usual."
"This was a nice tuna salad. It made a great lunch!"
"This recipe is very good. And I feel virtuous when I fix and eat it! I didn't change a thing."