Herbed Tomatoes Recipe
“My husband and I grow our own tomatoes and enjoy this simple, delicious salad all summer long,” shares Kim Bovino in Milford, Connecticut. “It’s great with warm French bread and butter for lunch or can double as a quick appetizer.”
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 slices sweet onion, separated into rings
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh tarragon, basil and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and onion. In another bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over tomatoes and onion; stir gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 116 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Herbed Tomatoes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC