Herbed Tomatoes ‘n’ Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 59 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 3, 2014
These were delicious and different. I added extra garlic and served them with a chicken casserole and bakery rolls.
Jul 29, 2009
My family loved these green beans. I was thrilled to find a recipe to use my fresh vegetables and herbs from my garden.
Mar 5, 2008
These beans were excellent. Will have again and again