Herbed Tomatoes ‘n’ Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 59 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 3, 2014
These were delicious and different. I added extra garlic and served them with a chicken casserole and bakery rolls.
Jul 29, 2009
My family loved these green beans. I was thrilled to find a recipe to use my fresh vegetables and herbs from my garden.
Mar 5, 2008
These beans were excellent. Will have again and again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.