Looking for new ways to dress up fresh-picked green beans? With just the right amount of oregano and parsley flavor, this colorful side dish is seasoned to please.—Maryalice Wood, Langley, British Columbia
Recommended: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tomatoes 'n' Green Beans in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p31
Reviews forHerbed Tomatoes 'n' Green Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2009
"My family loved these green beans. I was thrilled to find a recipe to use my fresh vegetables and herbs from my garden."
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2008
"These beans were excellent. Will have again and again"