Herbed Tomato Fish Bake
Linda Buiter of Lansing, Illinois shared the recipe for this easy fish bake. "We especially appreciate Italian cuisine with a healthy flair," she writes. "This fish gets a little tartness from the lemon. I like to serve it alongside risotto and steamed broccoli."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- 1/3 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- Place the fillets in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the next eight ingredients. Pour over fillets. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons basil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 160 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Herbed Tomato Fish Bake in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.