Herbed Tomato and Cheese Salad
A flavorful combination of ingredients and a tangy garlic-laced dressing makes this salad a mouthwatering delight;—Sharon Miller, Olivenhain, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 large fresh tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place tomato wedges in a shallow dish. Cover with the green pepper, onion, cheese and olives. Sprinkle with basil. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Tomato and Cheese Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.