Herbed Spinach Bake Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well, squeezing out excess liquid. Combine spinach with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more or until set. Cut into squares to serve. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 131 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Spinach Bake
"This was so easy to make and tastes great. I actually didn't have any rice so I just substituted cooked quinoa and it worked out just fine. Also, the next time I make it I will reduce or omit the salt altogether. I think that the cheddar the worchestershire sauce gives the dish plenty of salty flavor."
"This was FANTASTIC! My next go with it I will be adding mushrooms."
"I've been making 1/2 a recipe of this for years. I cook 1/2 cup of raw rice first , add 1 box of chopped spinach, thawed and lightly cooked, and etc. and bake in a 8x8 pan. It can be microwaved until done, but tastes better IMO in the oven. In the summer I will microwave it for 10 min on 50% or so, until the eggs are set.The more minced onion and cheese added the better!"
"I used 2% milk and 2% milk cheddar cheese and brown rice and egg beaters."