Herbed Slow-Roasted Vegetables
I grow my own onions and this is one way I like to showcase my harvest. Thyme, oregano and rosemary create the perfect seasoning blend for the slow-roasted vegetable medley.—Lisa Jane Morwald, Hamilton, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rutabaga, potatoes, carrots and onion. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 164 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Harvest Herb Vegetables in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.