I grow my own onions and this is one way I like to showcase my harvest. Thyme, oregano and rosemary create the perfect seasoning blend for the slow-roasted vegetable medley.—Lisa Jane Morwald, Hamilton, Ontario
Recommended: 25 Juicy, Golden Holiday Turkey Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rutabaga, potatoes, carrots and onion. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herb-Roasted Vegetables in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p53