Herbed Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
A holiday meal warrants an elegant and satisfying entree. This one promises to deliver. The turkey comes out of the slow cooker moist and tender, and the herbs make a flavorful gravy. —Lorie Miner, Kamas, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), thawed and skin removed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place turkey breast and water in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; rub over turkey. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until turkey is tender.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Originally published as Herbed Turkey Breast in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.