A holiday meal warrants an elegant and satisfying entree. This one promises to deliver. The turkey comes out of the slow cooker moist and tender, and the herbs make a flavorful gravy. —Lorie Miner, Kamas, Utah
Recommended: 25 Juicy, Golden Holiday Turkey Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), thawed and skin removed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place turkey breast and water in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; rub over turkey. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until turkey is tender.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Herbed Turkey Breast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p42