Herbed Shrimp Appetizer
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
MakesAbout 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Nasturtiums, calendula, rosemary, dill sprigs and flat leaf parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place the shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag; add herb mixture. Seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a serving bowl. Garnish with flowers and herbs.
Editor's NoteVerify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 136 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 28, 2011
I have made this delicious and refreshing appetizer many times. I cut down on the olive oil (only use about 1/3 cup). I love to serve this for a brunch menu item. It disappears so fast...3 shrimp per person is an under estimate. People piled it high on their plates. Consider 6-8 per person for serious seafood lovers.