No one can resist these savory pizzas, modeled after a popular pizza chain’s. After one bite, this pizza will become a new family favorite.—Sarah Werner, Fort Loramie, Ohio
Recommended: 21 Sheet Pan Dinners to Make Tonight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix milk powder, sugar, yeast, salt and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Grease three 9-in. round baking pans.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Press dough to fit bottom and 1 in. up sides of pans. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Using fingertips, press several dimples into dough. Brush tops with oil mixture. Spread with pizza sauce; top with sausage, onion, mushrooms and cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Yield: 3 pizzas (6 slices each).
Originally published as Herbed Sausage Pan Pizzas in TasteofHome.com 2017