“This is a fast and easy way to prepare healthy fish”, says Lois Kinneberg of Phoenix, Arizona. “You can experiment with different herbs and fish, and add matchstick vegetables to the packet.”
Featured In: How to Cook in Foil Packets
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup salad croutons
- Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; top each with a lemon slice. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with croutons.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Salmon Packets in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p46
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Salmon Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review