Herbed Salmon Packets
“This is a fast and easy way to prepare healthy fish”, says Lois Kinneberg of Phoenix, Arizona. “You can experiment with different herbs and fish, and add matchstick vegetables to the packet.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup salad croutons
- Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; top each with a lemon slice. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with croutons.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 410 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Herbed Salmon in Foil in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009