- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings; mix well. Rub half the seasoning mixture in the cavity of the turkey. Rub remaining mixture over the turkey skin. Tie the drumsticks together and place turkey in a roasting pan. Roast using your favorite cooking method until a meat thermometer reads 185°. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Rubbed Turkey
"My family loved this!"
"I made half of the rub and roasted a chicken with it. It was nothing special, just ok."
"My husband loves the turkey skin and he really 'gobbled' this recipe!"
"I used this to season my Thanksgiving turkey, and it added a very good flavor to the turkey without being overpowering. I omitted the allspice and curry, and reduced the paprika to 1/2 tsp. and the mustard to 1/4 tsp. If I make this again, I'll use just 1 tsp. of salt rather than a Tbsp. The turkey tasted just right, but the pan drippings made the gravy very salty."
"I would avoid the curry and allspice. It' destroys the American taste of the turkey."
"What temperature is the oven set at?????"