Herbed Roast Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Combine lemon juice and oil; brush under the skin. Combine the pepper, rosemary, thyme and garlic salt; rub over turkey.
- 2. Place onion and celery in a 3-qt. baking dish. Top with turkey breast, skin side up. Pour wine into the dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 285 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Herbed Roast Turkey Breast
"The timing and temperatures are spot-on with this recipe. The skin on mine was deeply golden just like in the picture above. I think next time I would cook it on a rack, to let the fat drain away, instead of on top of vegetables.(Looking at the recipe again, I see that I added too much lemon juice, so I take full blame for the sauce being a bit more acidic we would have preferred.)"
"Very good and very easy. I did not have lemon juice so I used lime and it was very tasty."
"This is the BEST turkey I have ever tasted! The turkey is very flavorful and moist, and smells soooo good while cooking. I didn't have any lemon juice so I used orange juice instead. I also substituted garlic powder plus 1/8 teaspoon of salt for the garlic salt that the recipe calls for - it turned out just fine. This recipe is fantastic!!!!"
"I usually Brine turkey, however didn't have time and followed the recipe. OMG my family loved it! So moist and flavorful! As my husband and I were cleaning up, we couldn't stop our self's from eating more turkey, after we were stuffed! So good! The Gravy was divine! I WILL ALWAYS DO turkey THIS WAY!!!!"
"OMG! I have been following an Alton Brown recipe for at least the past 5 years. NO LONGER! THIS IS PERFECT! My Grandmother said it's the best turkey breast she's ever had."