- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (2 to 2-1/2 ounces) chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the rice, celery and onion in butter, stirring constantly, until rice is browned. Stir in the next five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; stir in pimientos if desired.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Rice Pilaf
"For me this recipe tasted a lot like stuffing. Yum! I really liked this rice, my husband said it was just alright!"
"I prepared this recipe tonight and, wow, is this good!! I followed the recipe exactly and made no changes and we gobbled it down. Needless to say, we will be having this recipe again. Absolutely delicious and so easy I would even serve it to company it is so good. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"A little salty and a little soggy, nxt time I'll use a little less broth. Very good tho!"
"I made it for a dinner and paired it with Baked Salmon and got rave reviews from all the guests."
"my kids are not rice eaters, but they love this."
"This recipe is incredibly good! We use it all the time and pair it with the lemon grilled salmon recipe."
"I have made this dish over and over, my family loves it!! My 12 year old son can make this with no help, it is a great basic recipe to learn."