- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion with top, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried tarragon, thyme, basil, parsley flakes, and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt to taste, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook rice and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the seasonings; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forHerbed Rice
"I doubled this recipe for dinner tonight. I did omit the tarrigon as that is not a favorite and used a low sodium chicken bouillon cube and the result was absolutely delicious. It is every bit as good as the box mixes, a healthier choice and for pennies of the cost. Will definitely make this again and probably double it again."
"I used only half of the amount of herbs called for and it was still too much. I would definitely try this again, but reduce the herbs even more."
"This is excellent. My husband didn't believe that I made it, he thought it was box rice."