Herbed Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes with cooking liquid; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 253 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Potato Soup
"I made an account to say this soup really disapointed me. It had close to no flavor. ?? whatchu MEAN 1/4 a teaspoon of rosemary. How u gone taste 1/4 a TEASPOON. Blan white people food i swear."
"Really simple...and easy to find ingredients for those of us not in the States."
"This is a new family favorite! easy for kids to get involved and yummy every time! With 5 kids I have to make this recipe X 4 and then there is just enough left for my lunch the next day."
"We like this very well. hmmm good"
"Delicious. But 3 potatoes was too much. I had to add lots of milk to make it a soup-like consistency (and seasonings to match). Doesn't refrigerate well, turns into a clump. But is delicious right after cooking and I wouldn't hesitate to serve it to guests."
"I was surprised. I normally dont care for potato soup, but this was good."
"I have made this recipe for our church dinners with our vegetrains in mind. I always get outstanding reviews on it. I have added grated carrot and peas for color."
"This is a really delicious soup. The consistency is perfect. I added garlic when sauteing the onions and sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top of the finished product. Amazing! I served it with biscuits for dipping."
"Wow! So easy to make, delicious, and filling. Great for a cold winter's supper! I love that there are no special ingredients, just standard things I always have on hand. That makes this a meal I can make on the spur of the moment!"
"This was a quick and delicious recipe that I will definitely be making again! We added shredded cheese and crumbled bacon on top-it was perfect!"
"Excellent flavors! One I will definitely be making again!"