Herbed Potato Fans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried parsley flakes, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Green onions and sour cream, optional
- With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/2-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Combine the oil, wine and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until tender, turning once. Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 9, 2013
This is a very good way to make tasty, attractive potatoes in a very short period of time! I've made this with both olive oil and melted butter, and it's so easy to trade out the seasonings of your choice. I like seasoned salt, onion powder, and parsley flakes. I also use the wooden spoon handle tip--place wooden spoon handles on either side of the potatoes and just cut down till the knife blade touches the handles.
Feb 1, 2012
I didn't have an sour cream or green onions and I thought it might be missed, but it was great without it! And I used beef broth because that is what I had on hand and it didn't seem to make a difference.
Jan 2, 2012
We baked our potatoes at 350F for about an hour. It could have used a bit more salt, but overall a good potato.***TIP***To slice the potato, place the round handle of a wooden spoon in front of the potato, it will stop the knife and help you not cut through.
Dec 10, 2011
Pretty and very good.
Mar 22, 2011
Next time I'm going to try baking them. We enjoy the texture and it seems there is more flavor from a baked potato.
Mar 22, 2011
This is delicious and very quick and easy. I have used different spices (what I have on hand) and it turns out great. Another thing this potato is pretty on the plate a great idea for entertaining.