- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper, rubbed sage and dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine brown sugar and seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Remove roast from pan. Pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup; add water to measure 2 cups. Place flour in a small saucepan; stir in pan drippings until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Freeze option: Place sliced roast in freezer containers; top with gravy. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Pork Roast with Gravy
"This recipe has gone well when prepared for large fund raiser banquets. It's certainly not hard to prepare!"
"My husband loved it and he hates when I make roasts. I will have to make again"
"My husband went nuts for this. Added carrots and potatoes around the roast."
"Tender, moist, delicious seasoning. A great recipe. Thank you so much for sharing."
"Wonderful recipe! Tastes great. I scored my roast a little so the seasoning would infuse a little more. Will definitely make again!"
"Loved this recipe. It has become my go to recipe for pork roast."
"It would not let me put a star rating in but his was a 5 star easy and my family liked it!"