- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper, rubbed sage and dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine brown sugar and seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Remove roast from pan. Pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup; add water to measure 2 cups. Place flour in a small saucepan; stir in pan drippings until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with roast.
Freeze option: Place sliced roast in freezer containers; top with gravy. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Pork Roast with Gravy
"Very tasty rub and subsequent sauce. I think 2 hours was a bit too long for the roast I used. I will monitor temperature next time. I would definitely recommend."
"This recipe has gone well when prepared for large fund raiser banquets. It's certainly not hard to prepare!"
"My husband loved it and he hates when I make roasts. I will have to make again"
"My husband went nuts for this. Added carrots and potatoes around the roast."
"Tender, moist, delicious seasoning. A great recipe. Thank you so much for sharing."
"Wonderful recipe! Tastes great. I scored my roast a little so the seasoning would infuse a little more. Will definitely make again!"
"Loved this recipe. It has become my go to recipe for pork roast."