Herbed Pork Rib Roast
My husband, Dale, created this recipe, and it's become the specialty of the house. The seasoning also works well on pork chops, beef roast and chicken.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in pork rib roast (about 4 pounds)
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, marjoram, parsley and cayenne; rub over roast. Place in a large shallow glass dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place roast bone side down in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° 80-90 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4-1/2 ounce-weight: 356 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Pork Rib Roast in Country October/November 2002
Mar 2, 2014
Have made this several times now and it is very good. I do rub the roast with olive oil and add salt and pepper. I felt it needed some oil to hold spices to the roast. Love it!