Herbed Pork and Roast Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 14 to 16 unpeeled small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), halved
- Combine garlic and salt in a small bowl until a paste forms. Add parsley, paprika and oregano; mix well. Whisk in oil. Rub over roast. Cover and chill overnight.
- Place roast and any extra oil mixture in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Add potatoes to pan. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°. Spoon drippings over potatoes. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 268 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 1, 2014
Very easy to make, the seasonings give a delicious taste to the potatoes and pork roast. Would also be great and more of a one pot meal if yoo added some baby carrots and onions.
Sep 8, 2010
Amazing! One of the best pork roasts I've ever had.
Aug 21, 2010
5 stars is not enough stars this recipe should have way more. This recipe has an awesome flavor. my family raved about it and my boyfriend took it to work and it reheated really well. I had a larger roast and had more potatoes so I made extra maranade and it was really tasty.
Apr 26, 2010
This is one of my favorite ways to make pork- I've used the recipe for years and I also use it on pork chops- it's absolutely wonderful!!!!