Herbed Pork and Red Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, marjoram, garlic, sage, 3 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Rub roast with 2 tablespoons herb mixture.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown roast in remaining oil on all sides. Place in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Toss potatoes with remaining herb mixture; arrange around roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 358 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 6, 2014
Very good seasoning. My roast could have come out a little earlier, but it was still delicious!
Feb 18, 2014
Added in some fresh green beans, it was great!
Dec 27, 2010
I used the Herb Rub - wrapped the tenderloin with the herb rub & more oil in foil and let it bake in a baking pan = the flavor was wonderful!
Mar 21, 2010
This entree,with potatoes, can be summed in a word - superb. Perfect Sunday dinner for visiting family or friends.
Nov 19, 2009
My family loves simple meals and this meal is probably one of the simplest I've ever made. We are keeping this recipe as we absolutely love this meal.