My husband likes to eat whatever I cook, but he really looks forward to these herbed meat pies. We eat them as sandwiches or on a plate smothered with brown gravy.—Jean Kitchen, Monroe, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) pie crust mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain well. Dissolve bouillon in water; stir into meat mixture. Add the cheddar cheese, mushrooms, celery, Parmesan cheese and seasonings; mix well.
- Prepare pie crusts according to package directions. Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each into a 14-in. square. Cut each into four 7-in. squares. Place a scant 1/2 cup meat mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges of pastry with water and fold over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Make a 1-in. slit in the top of each triangle.
- Place on two ungreased baking sheets. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 458 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Herbed Pasties in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book