Herbed Pasta Sauce
I rely on this garden-fresh pasta sauce instead of any store-bought variety. This is a stand-by all summer long.—Dorothy Angley, Carver, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, parsley, oregano, cilantro and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 142 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Pasta Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.