Herbed Parmesan Onion Focaccia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a greased baking sheet and punch down (dough will be sticky). With lightly oiled hands, pat dough into a 9-in. circle. Brush with oil; sprinkle with the cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 100 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 9, 2013
Easy and awesome!!
Sep 30, 2010
This bread had a wonderful flavor, but didn't seem to rise very well for me. I wasn't able to be at home when the bread machine was mixing, so maybe it needs more water? I liked the flavor well enough to give this recipe another shot. I substituted 1 and 1/4 T. of dried minced onion and used 1 t. of garlic powder and NO dill weed (not a fan).
Aug 10, 2010
This is wonderful. I use 1/2 tsp dried onion powder instead of the onion. My family fights over who gets the most of this bread. Wonderful texture and flavor. I am tempet to make 2 since we go through it so fast.
Mar 20, 2010
I made this bread without use of bread machine. It's yummy! We had it with Tomato Basil Bisque Soup, also excellent, (TOH-Jun-07)I try bread machine recipes the regular way first and then make them in a bread machine at out mountain cabin. At 6000 ft, I can't get bread to rise except in the bread machine.
Dec 11, 2008
Just made this for the first time and shared it at work. It was quite a hit! A very tasty, savory bread.
Jan 28, 2008
I've made this recipe, and it is now a family favorite! Thank you for sharing it!