Herbed Parmesan Onion Focaccia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a greased baking sheet and punch down (dough will be sticky). With lightly oiled hands, pat dough into a 9-in. circle. Brush with oil; sprinkle with the cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 100 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 9, 2013
Easy and awesome!!
Sep 30, 2010
This bread had a wonderful flavor, but didn't seem to rise very well for me. I wasn't able to be at home when the bread machine was mixing, so maybe it needs more water? I liked the flavor well enough to give this recipe another shot. I substituted 1 and 1/4 T. of dried minced onion and used 1 t. of garlic powder and NO dill weed (not a fan).
Aug 10, 2010
This is wonderful. I use 1/2 tsp dried onion powder instead of the onion. My family fights over who gets the most of this bread. Wonderful texture and flavor. I am tempet to make 2 since we go through it so fast.
Mar 20, 2010
I made this bread without use of bread machine. It's yummy! We had it with Tomato Basil Bisque Soup, also excellent, (TOH-Jun-07)I try bread machine recipes the regular way first and then make them in a bread machine at out mountain cabin. At 6000 ft, I can't get bread to rise except in the bread machine.
Dec 11, 2008
Just made this for the first time and shared it at work. It was quite a hit! A very tasty, savory bread.
Jan 28, 2008
I've made this recipe, and it is now a family favorite! Thank you for sharing it!