Herbed Parmesan Breadsticks
Parmesan and a blend of seasonings flavor every bite of these cornmeal breadsticks that were developed in our Test Kitchen. The dough is easy to roll out and cut into strips.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter and additional Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, cornmeal, yeast, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and onion powder. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead (dough will be sticky). Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. square. Cut into 1-in. strips. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.