- 3-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forHerbed Parmesan Bread
"I don't like to give bad reviews but I felt I needed to on this one. I followed the recipe to a tee and used an 8x4 loaf pan. As I was mixing the dough I knew instinctively the pan was too small but I went ahead and used it anyway. It spilled over the sides of the pan as I feared it would. Then I couldn't remove it from the pan without breaking it so I left it in the pan. After about 2 slices there was a huge hole in the middle of the loaf! And raw dough! The consistency was like cake, not bread. I did like the flavor though. Sorry! I realize people work hard on these recipes."