Herbed Orange Roughy with Mushrooms Recipe
Family-pleasing fish is never long in the making for Carla Weeks. Her Herbed Orange Roughy simmers quickly on the stove, keeping her St. Charles, Illinois home cool. "My mother created this main dish, which is low in fat and calories," Carla notes. "I often use fresh scrod instead of orange roughy," she adds.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place the fish fillets in a single layer in a large skillet. Sprinkle with the lemon juice, parsley, bail, salt and garlic powder. Place mushrooms over fish if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 135 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Herbed Orange Roughy with Mushrooms
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC