Herbed Onion Bread
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 3 hours + cooling
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds and 16 slices)
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggest by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 100 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 4, 2017
Awesome! Perfect with a wild rice soup I threw together yesterday . My husband loved it! I'll be making this one again.
Nov 28, 2013
Very easy to make, and enjoyed by the family. I'm not sure that we enjoyed it enough for 5 stars, but both my parents said it was make again bread.
Mar 28, 2012
This is absolutely the BEST bread we have ever eaten. It is now our family favorite and make it often. We did change it a little though. We use milk and fresh onions. It's the BEST!
Mar 27, 2010
This bread is divine! It's so tasty to go with soups, meats, EVERYTHING! Plus, since it's made in the bread machine, it's prepped ahead of time and done when you want the meal to be served. I have made this for years and will make it for many more!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.