Herbed Noodles with Edamame Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in edamame and broth; heat through. Add herbs.
- 2. Drain noodles and add to skillet; toss to combine. Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 264 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Noodles with Edamame
"This needed something to enhance the taste. I added Italian Dressing! easy to make however."