Herbed Noodles with Edamame
Serve this side dish and you'll give your meal flavor and color! All the fresh herbs make it feel extra-special. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, MI
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in edamame and broth; heat through. Add herbs.
- Drain noodles and add to skillet; toss to combine. Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 264 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as HERBED EGG NOODLES in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.