- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, soup and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
"I like this recipe very much. It reminds me of a thicker version of my mom's spaghetti sauce."
"My husband and I thought this sauce was really good. I made it with the condensed soup per the recipe. Don't like rosemary, though, so I omitted it. I've made it several times."
"Did you try the recipe both ways (soup vs tomatoes)? What size of tomato? Roma? What size of can diced tomatoes"
"I would highly recommend not using the condensed soup and just add 3 vine, organic tomatoes. and one can of italian herbed diced tomatoes."