- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes; add the onion mixture, sour cream, dill, salt, rosemary, lemon zest and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
3/4 cup: 160 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.