Herbed Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes; add the onion mixture, sour cream, dill, salt, rosemary, lemon peel and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
May 9, 2012
Very yummy! I'll admit that I was a little wary about the flavor combinations, especially the lemon peel. However, these were great! I used dried spices instead of fresh and left out the red pepper flakes. The dish was flavorful and colorful and a nice change from traditional mashed potatoes. Also, I did not even have to bake this, I just mashed it and put it in a dish and served it.
Feb 17, 2010
very good, nice and creamy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.