This is a sensational recipe for cooks on the go. You can put the chicken in to marinade the day before, and it will be ready to grill when you come home from work the next day. In the winter, I grill the chicken on my indoor electric grill. It's so easy and always turns out terrific that I have given this recipe to the bride to be at bridal showers.—Karen Aeschliman, Sabetha, Kansas
Recommended: Top 10 Herbs for Your Kitchen Garden
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn; grill or broil 4-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Lemon Chicken in Grill It Bookazine 2013, p31