Herbed Leek Tart Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds or walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the leeks, red pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese, mustard and herbs; set aside.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll each sheet of pastry into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Spoon leek mixture over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tarts onto wire racks. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 tarts (8 servings each).
1 piece: 194 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Leek Tart
"Delicious! I served this as a side dish for a family dinner."
"Nice. I left out the peppers and it was still good."
"Have made this several times now and everyone who had it loved it! Just had one for lunch today , had it in freezer so it does freeze well...Always make several and put in freezer for future use...Delicious!"