Herbed Lamb Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless lamb
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb and vegetables. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness(for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 366 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Lamb Kabobs
"I replaced the lamb with pork tenderloin, excellent recipe. I also broiled these for about ten minute per side, stayed tender and just the right amount of charing."
"Would agree with the prev. reviewer...the marinade for this recipe was great! I did make it with lamb, but it was a bit pricey...next time I will try pork, but the marinade would be great on anything."