My mother's cooking is the inspiration behind this recipe. I adapted her scrumptious Easter leg of lamb so it can be served any day of the week. —Bryn Namavari, Chicago, Illinois
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended. Spread over both sides of chops. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, salt and paprika; remove from pan. Keep warm.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Toss spinach with potatoes; sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve with lamb chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Lamb Chops with Crispy Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p171