This savory sauce can be kept in the refrigerator to serve over a variety of meats. It's quick to prepare and adds a pleasant surprise to your meal.—National Honey Board, Mary R Humann, Longmont, Colorado
Recommended: Fresh Basil Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in broth, honey, lime juice, mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with turkey, chicken, fish or pork. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Herbed Honey Lime Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p23
Reviews forHerbed Honey Lime Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2015
"This is a really good sauce you can use with a variety of meats, and quick to prepare."