Herbed Green Beans
From Marshfield, Missouri, Bernice Morris writes, "The herb butter makes this green bean side dish so pleasant. I always serve it with a ham dinner...don't forget the hot rolls!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large saucepan, cover beans with water; Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Drain beans; stir in onion mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 76 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Herbed Green Beans in Taste of Home June/July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.