Herbed Garlic Toast
My wife and I grow over 300 different herbs and sell plants and fresh and dried herbs. Herbs sure make meals more interesting. We use them generously in a variety of recipes...like this.—Bruce Shomler, Pasorobles, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 5 min.
Makesabout 6 servings
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cut bread into 12 slices; place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately top each slice with 2 teaspoonfuls of herb mixture. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 177 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Garlic Toast in Taste of Home June/July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.