Herbed Garlic Toast
My wife and I grow over 300 different herbs and sell plants and fresh and dried herbs. Herbs sure make meals more interesting. We use them generously in a variety of recipes...like this.—Bruce Shomler, Pasorobles, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 5 min.
Makesabout 6 servings
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cut bread into 12 slices; place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately top each slice with 2 teaspoonfuls of herb mixture. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 177 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Herbed Garlic Toast in Taste of Home June/July 1996