Herbed Garlic Mashed Potatoes
I call these the best mashed potatoes ever! The first time I made them was for Thanksgiving a few years ago. Everyone loved them so much that now when my family wants mashed potatoes for dinner, I make them this way. —Sandra Stout, Satellite Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 10 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks (about 5 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup 2% milk
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan.
- Add garlic, butter, herbs, salt and pepper; mash potatoes. Gradually add cream and enough milk to reach desired consistency.
Originally published as Best Mashed Potatoes Ever in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013