A handful of ingredients is all you'll need to turn frozen bread dough into this full-favored favorite. Plus, you can add shredded cheese or adjust the herbs to suit your taste.—Susan Lasken, Woodland Hills, California
Recommended: Recipes with Cranberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- Place dough in a bowl. Combine the basil, oregano and sage; sprinkle 4-1/2 teaspoons over dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; knead into dough. Let rest for 10 minutes. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. With a wooden spoon handle, make indentation at 1-in. intervals. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Brush with remaining herb mixture. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Focaccia in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p7