Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, herbs, baking powder and salt. Stir in water and 1/3 cup oil until mixture forms a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute.
- Divide dough into thirds; shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 10-in. circle on parchment paper. Lightly brush each with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt. Slide parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Break into pieces for serving.
Nutrition Facts1/4 flatbread: 146 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 27, 2012
I just made this recipe to see if I would like to take it to our Memorial Day bbq and it's so easy & good. I picked a basil leaf, a few lemon thyme leaves and some chives from the garden and snipped them as small as I could. I didn't have a sheet large enough to make the bread as flat as it needed to be, so I baked in batches. On the last batch, when it was done, I topped it with thinly sliced tomatoes and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, then broiled on low for 3 minutes. Amazing.
May 3, 2012
This was great! I was worries by the picture that it would be too floury and dry, but it was fin. I did make it slightly differently. I put it in fourths and didn't press it as thin, but it was great! I cut in strips and we diiped it in our soup. Pretty yummy :)
Apr 30, 2012
I thought this recipe would end up being more like the traditional flatbread or Naan bread but its more like a softer cracker consistency. It wasn't what I planned but I was still satisfied with the results so I am made a ton to eat instead of chips and crackers. Very yummy and you can change the herbs to get different tastes.