Herbed Dinner Roll Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, herbs de Provence, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteLook for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 161 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 2, 2017
These just came out of the oven and they smell fantastic and so easy - love this recipe
Dec 5, 2012
Fun, & easy to make. The batter texture was light & wet to bake quick in the muffin tin. The melted cheese is nice topping adding to the touch in the last 5 minutes just to melt. The herbe de Provence is easy to substitute if you don't have all-in-one spice. Check your spices for a combination of 6 to7 choices to blend together for nice flavouring to the texture. I used dried spices combined with sage, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, cardamom. The size of the muffins is medium in a 12 muffin tin. I'll try it again but the herbs is delightful texture to the flour!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.