Wondering what to do with hard-cooked eggs when Easter is past? Field editor Sue Seymour of Valatie, New York makes deviled eggs with a twist, adding a mix of herbs to the filling.
Recommended: Throw the Ultimate Vintage Dinner Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pipe or stuff into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Herbed Deviled Eggs in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p7